Sunday, July 8, 2012

July 8, 2012

Today was the complete French day. It started with French Catholic mass in a beautiful 17th century church, followed by banana nutella crepes and espresso, topped off with a country side walk. I think my favorite part of the day was just talking to strangers in French. Walking into stores and saying "Bonjour Monsieur!" or "Bonjour Madame!", which is the customary greeting when entering someones store, is so wonderful. I ordered macaroons in French while I ventured off on my own and it was so satisfying and scary at the same time. But I did it right, and I got the macaroons, and don't worry-- they were stupid delicious. All day I just kept saying to myself  'I just love this', Honfleur is like a movie and it just keeps getting better. We start class tomorrow which should be exciting so I'm just going to post a few pictures before heading to bed. Au Revoir!














No comments:

Post a Comment