Saturday, July 7, 2012

July 7, 2012

Well this morning at 5am, Breegan and I woke up to our alarm clock of "it's 5 o'clock in the morning" by Lily Allen, followed by Ni***s in Paris--since we were taking the train to Paris to meet up with our study abroad group. So after two trains (one which we almost missed in France due to the fact that everyone was only speaking French/ the signs and instructions were all in French) and a 3 hour bus ride, we have made it to Honfleur. And it is one of the most glorious cities I've ever been to. The small town French feel is exactly what I wanted to experience when I knew I was coming to France. Big cities are wonderful, but the charm and beauty of a low-key city on the water, full of people drinking their espresso and smoking their cigarettes while a stand up bass and guitar play in the background is just magical. I feel like I'm in a movie. And to top it all off, we are staying in a villa (pretty much mansion) by the water and we have a huge dutch window that we can sit in and drink our morning coffee. It's just unreal, all of it.










No comments:

Post a Comment